Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

No Butch Cassidy but definitely the Sundance Kid

So Bank Holiday Monday was spent sat on my arse at my PC playing RIFT (MMORPG – Mass Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game).  Online content has been something of an addiction for me over the last 6-7 years.  I played World of Warcraft for 6 years and have now moved on to a new game called RIFT which is similar.  I say it’s an addiction light heartedly but I seem to play most days for at least an hour or two.  I am a lot better then I was at managing my time though and don’t play RIFT half as much as the crack cocaine of games World of Warcraft and I’m glad of this.  I can’t say gaming caused me to put on weight (leave the keyboard for food WTH) but the days spent mashing keys didn’t help my gym routine a whole lot as you can imagine! 

This week also found Lindsey, Evie and I at our first wedding as a family the lovely May and Mats wedding.  The day was amazing from start to finish I nearly ended up in Sheffield after sitting on the wrong train and only realising about 30seconds before my train set off so having to run down the platform to my train, I think the train guard was somewhat amused to see a 20 stone guy running at him shouting I was on the wrong train in a rather Wallace and Gromitt type it’s the wrong trousers voice.  Anyway back to the main point the weeding was fab got to see some of my favourite people even though they are Lindseys’ friends I just steal them at all the weddings, and I have to admit got a little tipsy on red wine and cognac.  The Chinese meal was awesome and everyone had a great time it was a nice change of pace!

Saturday saw the Stretford 7 a side wonder team play in the TCLT (Trafford Community Leisure Trust) football tournament at partington Sports Village.  It went well we got to the Semi’s then got knocked out by the eventual winners.  So Sunday came around and there are a few issues…one legs, arms and neck are red raw from sunburn it was deceptive in that the sun was out but it was windy and none of us realised the effect until we were sat in the car on the way home looking like the Glowing Ready Brek man on the porridge boxes.  My knee is also killing me and to quote Srgt Murtagh (Lethal Weapon) “I am getting to old for this shit”

So Wednesday onwards saw a more regimented approach to the food again which I am finding easier and I have been more focused on exercise again!

Exercise;

Cycling (Commuting);            36.19km
Cycling (Leisure Ride);           16.83km – 45mins
Wattbike Session:                    1 x 10km sprints
Gym x 1sessions                      Run 2km (10.2kph – incline 2.0)
                                                Chest Press 12reps x 3 sets x 40kg
                                                Lat Pull Downs 12reps x 3 sets x 35kg

Enjoy your week guys!  BUY SUNCREAM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment