Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

The fundraising begins!


Hi all,

This week saw the fundraising for the Ireland Charity Ride step up a gear.  Some collection tins have been set up in different business’s.  So a thank you to St Ann’s Club Stretford and Karl’s Barber shop in Manchester for allowing me to place collection tins there.  Kelly Strickland is my fundraiser at Stretford so if you feel like donating please feel free to speak to her and she will be able to help you.  I would like to say a big thank you to a good friend of mine Mark Carolan who has donated £100 through his company.  It was a very welcome boost.  I am still looking for sponsorship and a couple of places to put collection tins if anyone is willing to help out with this please let me know.

You can donate online here www.charitygiving.co.uk/jamescrossland unfortunately there is no texting number but you can use Paypal to make a donation here.

To everyone who has donated so far a massive THANK YOU!!

The training began well at the start of the week.  Both Monday and Tuesday saw me winding my way through Urmston and Partington to rack up 40miles in two days in an average of 40 minutes per 10.4 mile leg.  I was quite happy with this as it’s the first longer rides I have done since September.  The weather was nice both days apart from being a little frosty on the night legs.  The rest of the week has been typical Manchester weather in that it has been windy and raining a lot so I have skipped the bike for the last few days.  This has meant copping for a lot of abuse from some people but in my defence I have to be able to work in a decent frame of mind after the commute and don’t want to get pneumonia so that will be the way of things until it warms up a bit and its lighter mornings.

Wracked up a really decent Wattbike session with Mark O’Reilly this morning (Sunday) we did 30km in 50mins with a few climbs in there for good measure.  It’s obviously a lot easier then been on a hill but any form of toughness should prepare me well.

I know I have been harping on about the sponsoring and you are probably thinking it’s in June geees!  I have to raise £1500 to be able to take part and want to pass that as soon as I possibly can.  So if you can donate even a £1 that would be amazing!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment