Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Sun Love!


Hi all, sorry it’s been a few weeks since I have produced the blog.  Over the past couple of weeks I had not managed to get out for a big ride due to a few reasons.  The weather was pretty poor and both of the people I like riding with had injured themselves.  This led to a hibernation of two weeks, a pretty morbid mood and a bad cold for a good 4-5 days.  I have still being commuting so have still being getting good mileage per week in but very little in the way of long mileage on single trips.  Glad to say I am back motivated to write this week after a really nice week of sunshine and training.  I am just going to echo what I have said before that the sun gives everything a rose tinting…apart from the lack of air conditioning at work!  The cycling has been revitalised after a bit of a rest and some beautiful weather I have to say.  I have covered 126 miles this week and if the weather holds I will be doing more this week.  Final ride will be the Great Manchester Cycle on the 4th June.  Then it’s off to Ireland!!

On the charity front the money has been coming in over the past few weeks and this has taken me to £1407 (93%) of the £1500 I have set as the target.  All I can ask is that you please donate a few pence if you can!  Lee Pickford won the 50/50 raffle and took away £148 as you can imagine she was very happy!  Lee drew the ticket for me and picked out her own.  You can see the video and I swear on my little girl’s life it wasn’t a fix.  We did another bake sale the other week, which raised £110 that was excellent!



A bit of analysis of the sport over the last few weeks as a random topic.  Ryder Hesjedal won the Giro D’Italia which was very entertaining and will be sorely missed on my Sky+ after late shifts.  Some great performances in the race and a great TT finish.  Also being enjoying the IPL cricket and that finishes today…watching as I type.  It has been a great series some great innings and bowling spells.  Love watching Chris Gayle smashing the ball to all parts very entertaining. 

Now the let down of the week England football team.  New manager same crap brand of football.  I have been watching England since Italia 90 as far as I can remember when I was 10.  After the 90’s England’s ‘Golden’ generation has flattered to deceive on many occasions.  Each tournament has seen me get excited about the prospect of us finally winning something and yet we are always miles away from achieving anything.  The last five years have seen some of the worst football, and players, I have ever seen from England.  My thought is that the Premier League is that flooded with foreign talent that our players are only playing a small part in shaping the league and getting the experience they need.  You can argue that the influence of better players will make them better but not if an English player is not getting playing time.  We used to be a good side I just cannot see any signs of us getting back to being a feared side in the world.  For now anyway I will be watching all of the cycling and trying to shut out the International football.

Cheers for reading have a good week and long may this nice weather be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment