Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Pre Ireland Blurb!


Hey hey,

This will be my last entry for a few weeks whilst I attempt to cycle 600 miles around Ireland in 8 days.  The fundraising, training and packing is all done all that is left to do is put the mileage in!  Just want to recap the last few weeks with you and touch upon how I’m feeling about the experience so far and what’s to come.

Monday saw me participating in the Great Manchester Cycle, 52 miles in pretty decent weather and through a nice route round Manchester centre and the Salford Quays.  Lots of people out riding for fun and for charity.  Physically I felt good around the circuit.  The legs have been in good shape for a few months now and the maintaining has been both fun and good work.  I am slightly worried about my neck and back as they where both aching at the end of most of the long rides I have done and I have to say they are my primary concern for the Ireland ride.  No amount of stretching pre and post seems to sort them out properly I guess it’s just the length of ride which is the problem and with five consecutive days of 80+ miles I am a little worried.  I think the first three will be ok then it will be painful for the rest of the journey and mentally I think I have prepared for that well.  Marek of www.mhcpt.co.uk has been helping a lot with the physio on the legs and back after rides.  I would also like to thank Rich from www.pedalprecision.com for his advice and expert bike fitting.  I cannot recommend both these guys they really are top people in their fields of expertise!  I wish they where both coming with us!!

The fundraising has been mega hard and quite stressful over the past 6 months and has detracted a little from the ride as it has been time consuming organising and setting up the various events we have done to raise money.  I would just like to thank every single person who has helped with the organising, participating and donating and really made the effort to help us over that period.  Some people have gone out of their way to help me and it has made me realise what a special group of friends I have.  I have thanked each and every one of you but again THANK YOU!  I would also like to say I am very touched by all the donations that have been made from friends, work colleagues and people I might not have spoken to in some time.  THANK YOU ALL!  The fact people I haven’t spoken to have contributed has been touching as have some of the big commitments people have made on the donation site.  On the flip side of that if you still want to donate please you can still do so at www.charitygiving.co.uk/jamescrossland all the money is going to a great cause.

I am hoping to put together something special video wise together when I get back so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Wish us luck and fair weather I think we will need a little :-)   

Please post some motivational stuff on my Facebook account or Twitter feed all support is really welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment