Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Moving Forward



Hi everyone.  This year I am going to be trying to raise as much money as I possibly can for a charity called Cyclists Fighting Cancer http://cyclistsfc.org.uk/ .  A few friends of mine already do great voluntary work for them and they have been part of the inspiration for me to do this.  The other reason is that a colleague and friend of mines son is recovering and the charity helped them out with bikes.  He gains a lot of joy from riding his bike and the family are more united because of the bikes.

The charities mission is

Cyclists Fighting Cancer gives bikes, adapted trikes and tandems to children and young people whose lives have been affected by cancer.

Something as simple as a bike makes a remarkable difference to their daily lives and brings back smiles

If you have a look at their website you will see the great work that they do and how many people’s lives they have changed for the better.   



You will all know that I love cycling and I want to help provide the excitement and health benefits I get from riding my bike to other people. 

I will be doing a number of sportive rides during the year for the charity and am again looking for you to support me in whatever way you can.  The first ride I will be doing is in Majorca at the end of April.  It is 103miles around the mountains where Bradley Wiggins trains.  It is going to be tough and will probably take me near to 9hours to complete.  I am hoping to do some other events on top of the cycling such as cake stalls and race nights so if anyone can help or has any other ideas that would be amazing.

You can make a donation on my JustGiving page here;


You can make a one off donation or perhaps make a pledge to donate a small amount each month for the next 12 months.  Thanks again for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment