Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Well Deserved People.


This weekend saw the 5th Trafford Community Leisure Trust Awards evening.  The event is held once a year to reward the staff in the company for their excellent work throughout the year via a voting system, which is completed in December.  What I like most about the evening is that I get to see people from other centres and catch up with them.  It’s really nice to have a drink and a chat about what’s going on where and with whom (gossiping).  The other great thing of course is people receiving awards that have been voted for by their peers and the public.  Afterwards a large group of us took over Mambo’s in Urmston and danced and drank until the early hours of the morning.  It was another great night with friends.

On to the fitness.  This week I’m really beginning to notice the loss of weight.  I need another set of holes in the belt (or buy a new belt…) and old clothes are starting to fit again (not that they where ever in fashion).  This is down to the miles on the bike.  The journey is routine now and because the lighter nights are creeping in it’s about time I started adding to the routes on the way home.  The temperature has also been a bit out of sync with the time of year a balmy 14 degrees on Thursday was much appreciated.  Spinning with Swim Trafford was really good on Thursday night although with a strong headwind on Friday morning I really did struggle to make a decent pace as my legs where heavy.  I know this is a feeling I am going to have to get used to in Ireland though so it is good preparation for that!  I have also this week treated myself to a Garmin Edge 500 cycling computer.  The amount of data I am getting from it is staggering and really helpful.  It comes with a heart rate monitor and cadence measuring abilities which is helping me to define the ranges in my training really easily.  The bike has also been in to Evans on Deansgate for a service and some new brakes.  There where some interesting noises coming from the crank and front forks, which have also been ironed out!  Ted was also showing me the new Pinnacle bikes they have which look like amazing value for money.  As always a brilliant service from the team down there!

On the fundraising front it has again been a very productive week.  Along with the charity football match in April there has now been a charity spinning masterclass session sorted for Saturday May 5th.  I’m really looking forward to it and more information to follow on that.  Also it looks like Marvin who works for TUfC has got me a slot on Peace FM (90.1) for a week on Thursday to promote the ride, which if it comes off will be amazing.  Finally a big thank you to Katy Wood who got a piece in the Hull Daily mail for me on Saturday last week.  You can have a read here  Hull Daily Mail

This week we have raised £85 as I write, which moves the total forward to £646.50.  I am getting nervous that with just over a month to go it looks like I will hit the £750 raised to trigger the Tiger suit ride to Partington… watch this space!

As always you can donate to www.charitygiving.co.uk/jamescrossland or see Kelly Strickland at Stretford, Vicky Connor or Andy Dowson at Sale or myself to make a donation in person.  Lots of you have pledged to donate please follow this up!!

Have a great week and make it First Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment