Pages

Sunday 3 April 2011

Demons



Hi folks,

Firstly thanks for the tremendous response and encouragement you’ve all sent.

So I want to discuss my motivation behind this journey.  I hit 30 last year and my little girl Evie will be two in July.  She is my primary motivation for wanting to get fit so that I can do anything she needs me to do and so that I see her grow up and become the fine young lady she is looking to be developing into.

For those of you who know me there are probably two sets of you.  Those of you who remember me pre being overweight and those of you who know me now in my current body shape (obese).  I think that the first 18 years of my life where I was fit and active can be re-achieved with effort and a little determination.

So I entitled this blog post Demons.  You’re probably asking why.  The reason is I want to discuss the reasons why I am at this point and why I continue to sustain this weight. 

From a very young age I have always been very interested in food and had an almost insatiable appetite.  I put this down to the fact that I was exercising a lot pre 18 years old.  It would have been five times a week with football the main occupier of the five with a little running.  It has never been about alcohol really for me I can take it or leave it but food is the issue here.  From the age of 18 years onwards, when I went to University in Bolton, takeaways have played a large part in my diet anything from McDonalds to Pizza’s.  This is obviously not healthy and up to now I would say hand on heart I eat at least 2-3 takeaways a week.  This is going to be an area I really need to focus on and change.  One it will aid really quickly the weight coming off and two it will mean more money in my pocket.  Portion size is my other issue here it’s something I need to reduce drastically.  I’ve always eaten like I’m exercising 5 times a week even after I stopped doing this at 18 and this is another area I can monitor pretty easily.

Challenge this week (and going forward):  1 Takeaway or even better none and measured portion sizes
Current Weight:  20 stone

No comments:

Post a Comment